MTD is seeking candidates for a Comptroller! The Comptroller assists with the overall financial system, accounting operations, internal control systems, safeguarding assets, financial reporting, regulatory reporting, annual audit, and annual budget processes. This position works under the general direction of the Finance Director.
A bachelor’s degree in accounting is required.
A minimum of seven years of accounting or financial management or related work experience and CPA is required.
1. Manage and prepare daily accounting transactions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, fixed assets, investments, debt, and general ledger
- Oversee account reconciliation
- Maintain chart of accounts
- Comply with GASB, funding requirements, and generally accepted accounting principles
- Process acquisition, inventory, and disposal of capital assets
- Participate with periodic physical inventory counts and adjustments
- Process weekly general ledger updates
- Monitor cash and investment balances
- Initiate line of credit transactions
2. Prepare monthly financial reports and assist with regulatory reporting
- Analyze and report on financial performance
- Provide financial reports to Department Heads
- Assist with federal, state, and local reporting for grants, payroll, and legal requirements
3. Perform ad hoc financial and data analysis
- Update support process indicators
- Analyze financial trends
4. Assist with annual financial audit and budget processes
- Prepare audit workpapers and budget worksheets
- Assist with auditor requests
5. Assist with development, implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures and internal control safeguards
6. Manage outsourced functions, online accounts, and collateral requirements
The list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Work shifts vary from day to night, as needed. MTD operates seven days a week, including weekends and holidays, and this position may require some work outside of traditional business hours.
- All MTD employees are trained on the Management System Policy and the impacts associated with this position.
- Applicant must pass a pre-employment background check, physical, and drug and alcohol testing. The employee is required to comply with MTD’s Drug & Alcohol Policy.
- This job description is subject to change as needs of the District, and the tools we use, evolve over time.
- The work environment involves exposure to conditions generally found in an office setting within a shared workspace. The noise level is quiet to moderate. There are frequent interruptions to this position’s workflow with moderate foot traffic. There is an expectation to hold and attend meetings on a regular basis.
- The exertion level required for this position is considered light work. Physical requirements include stooping, bending, standing, squatting/crouching, pushing/pulling, and reaching above shoulders. While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, with brief periods of walking and standing; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; use vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
Closing date February 26, 2021 at 5:00p (CST)
Select "Apply Now" below to fill out the application, and attach a cover letter and resume.
As with all MTD positions, candidates for this position must pass a drug test. The MTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply for position at Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District, 1101 East University Avenue in Urbana. For more information, contact Sasha at 217.384.8188.