MTD is looking for temporary part-time COVID-19 Testing Associates. This part-time position will work four days per week (no Sundays), either 7AM - 1PM or 1PM - 7PM for 24 hours per week.
The COVID-19 Testing Associate runs the saliva testing center for MTD employees and families. Associates have strong interpersonal skills and are conscientious, friendly, patient, polite, and positively affirm everyone they encounter. This position also answers incoming telephone calls for the Customer Service department. COVID-19 Testing Associates report to the Human Resources Director and work out of the Administration and Operations Facility.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Experience working in a customer service or healthcare setting is preferred.
- A valid State of Illinois driver’s license is preferred.
- Greet and assist employees and their family members courteously and efficiently.
- Register employees and their family members for saliva testing and instruct them on the steps to complete saliva testing properly.
- Ensure that samples are transported to associated lab at the scheduled times daily. Provide the transportation to associated lab directly, as needed.
- Set-up, clean, and maintain the COVID-19 testing site regularly.
- Ensure that all supplies are maintained and stocked at high levels by placing orders as needed.
- Ensure that the COVID-19 site meets all protocols for social distancing, mask-wearing, and sanitation.
- Maintain confidentiality of employees and their family members.
- Support the Customer Service department by answering phone calls and providing accurate information including routes and schedules, utilizing related tools like MTD’s Trip Planner and Bus Stop Lookup, as well as general information about MTD’s services and operations.
- Interact courteously with the public in normal and conflict situations.
- Support special projects distributed from the Human Resources Director, Customer Service Director, or other Staff.
The list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The exertion level required for this position is considered light work. Physical requirements include stooping, bending, standing, squatting/crouching, pushing/pulling, and reaching above shoulders. While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, with brief periods of walking and standing; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; use vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally or a up to 10 lbs. of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
The work environment involves exposure to conditions generally found in an office setting within a large room. The work area ensures ability to social distance and maintain 6 feet between all employees for majority of the testing interaction. The noise level is quiet. There are frequent interruptions to this position’s workflow with moderate foot traffic.
- Work shifts vary from day to night, as needed. MTD operates seven days a week, including weekends and holidays, and this position may require some work outside of traditional business hours.
- All MTD employees are trained on the Management System Policy and the impacts associated with this position.
- Applicant must pass a pre-employment background check, physical, and drug and alcohol testing. The employee is required to comply with MTD’s Drug & Alcohol Policy.
- This job description is subject to change as needs of the District, and the tools we use, evolve over time.
$13.89 per hour
Select "Apply Now" below to fill out the application.
As with all MTD positions, candidates for this position must pass a drug test. The MTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply for position at Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District, 1101 East University Avenue in Urbana. For more information, contact Sasha at 217.384.8188.