The Customer Service Director is responsible for overseeing the Customer Service Department and all aspects of customer care across the District.
A Bachelor’s degree in Communication, English, Public Administration, Transportation or a related filed is required; including a broad course work background.
A minimum of five years of experience in a public agency and/or experience in a communications position within a service environment. Experience managing personnel is preferred. Possess, or have the ability to obtain within 12 months, an Illinois CDL Class B with a passenger endorsement.
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Identify opportunities to enhance MTD’s customer-driven focus through new initiatives and reimagining of current programs
- Manage the Customer Service Office at the Administrations & Operations Facility through the supervision of Office Supervisors and Information Assistants via work assignments, scheduling, work review, and annual performance evaluations
- Manage the Customer Support Specialist and support the response and logging of customer feedback
- Represent MTD at annual community events and public hearings
- Identify and develop new and ongoing programs to enhance customer service inside and outside of the District
- Serve as the Management Representative for MTD2071, MTD’s Quality and Environmental Management System, and maintain ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Oversee the maintenance of customer databases
- Coordinate across departments to ensure continuity of messages and identify strategic marketing and communications directions
- Coordinate with the Marketing Manager to manage MTD’s social media including original content, responding to customer inquiry and comments, and dispensing both planned and unplanned information
MTD offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits including:
- Comprehensive Health Insurance – Prescription, Vision and Dental
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- IMRF defined benefit pension plan
- 457(b) deferred compensation plan
Submit cover letter, resume and application to Beth Brunk, Executive Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date May 3, 2019 at 5:00p (CST)
As with all MTD positions, candidates for this position must pass a drug test. The MTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply for position at Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District, 1101 East University Avenue in Urbana. No phone inquiries please.