MTD is seeking candidates for an Information Assistant at Illinois Terminal. This is a full-time position with a great benefits package.
Information Assistants display strong interpersonal skills and are friendly, polite, and conscientious. This position answers incoming phone calls and assists visitors by providing accurate and timely service.
The work hours for this position are: Monday - 7 AM - 3:30 PM, Tuesday - Off, Wednesday - Off, Thursday - 7 AM - 3:30 PM, Friday - 7 AM - 3:30 PM, Saturday - 7 AM - 3:30 PM, and Sunday - 7 AM - 3:30 PM
A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Experience working in a customer service setting, such as retail, food service, office reception, or related work setting is preferred.
- Provide MTD service-related information including routes and schedules, utilizing related tools such as MTD’s Trip Planner and Bus Stop Lookup
- Interact patiently and courteously with the public in normal and conflict situations
- Operate as a liaison between the customer and Illinois Terminal Staff, Control Center Radio Operators, Operations Staff, and Street Supervisors on duty to ensure accurate information is dispensed and nonconforming situations are communicated
- Receives and distributes mail and distributes internal communications
- Supports the administration and execution of all bus passes, employee passes, and specialized cards
- Supports the administration and execution of ADA Paratransit Service, Half Fare Cab, and Dash Card programs
The list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The work hours for this position are:
- Monday - 7 AM - 3:30 PM
- Tuesday - Off
- Wednesday - Off
- Thursday - 7 AM - 3:30 PM
- Friday - 7 AM - 3:30 PM
- Saturday - 7 AM - 3:30 PM
- Sunday - 7 AM - 3:30 PM
Work shifts vary from day to night, as needed. MTD operates seven days a week, including weekends and holidays, and this position may require some work outside of traditional business hours.
The exertion level required for this position is considered medium work. Physical requirements include stooping, bending, standing, squatting/crouching, pushing/pulling, and reaching above shoulders. While performing the duties of this job, employees are often required to sit, with regular periods of walking and standing; ability to climb and descend flights of stairs; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; use vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and exert up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally or a up to 20 lbs. of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
The work environment involves exposure to conditions generally found in an office setting within a shared workspace. The work area is a close, limited space and the noise level is quiet to moderate. There are frequent interruptions to this position’s workflow with moderate foot traffic. There is an expectation to hold and attend meetings on a regular basis.
- All MTD employees are trained on the Management System Policy and the impacts associated with this position.
- The employee will be subject to a pre-employment background check, physical, and drug and alcohol testing. The employee is required to comply with MTD’s Drug & Alcohol Policy.
Starting wage: $15.86 - $17.84/hour based on experience
Closing date: September 22, 2023 at 5:00p (CST)
To apply: Select "Apply Now" below
As with all MTD positions, candidates for this position must pass a drug test. The MTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply for position at Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District, 1101 East University Avenue in Urbana. For more information, contact Sasha at 217.384.8188.