MTD is seeking an individual to fill a Security position at Illinois Terminal. Security employees possess strong interpersonal skills and are friendly, patient, polite, and conscientious with everyone they encounter. This position requires an acute attention to detail and the ability to make firm quick judgements. This position will work with local law enforcement to enforce the Rules and Regulations and ensure a safe and secure facility. MTD employees are offered a competitive compensation package consisting of graduated levels of paid time off, uniform allowance, health insurance, and retirement benefits.
A high school degree or equivalent is required
- Experience working in a security or customer service-related experience is preferred.
- Must hold a valid State of Illinois Driver’s License.
- Supports the operation and execution of facility Rules and Regulations
- Interacts courteously with the public in normal and conflict situations
- Operates as a liaison between guests and facility tenants
- Supports the administration and execution of facility emergency procedures
- Monitors and patrols facility grounds searching for safety and security related issues
- Maintains detailed records and reports based on established protocol
- Supports Operations to ensure a safe and orderly vehicle traffic flow
- Supports Customer Service in assisting guests with detailed and accurate information including routes and schedules as well as general information about MTD’s services and operations
- Supports Maintenance personnel in ensuring a safe and clean facility
The list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Work shifts vary from day to night, as needed. MTD operates seven days a week, including weekends and holidays, and this position may require some work outside of traditional business hours.
The exertion level required for this position is considered medium work. While performing the duties of this job, employees are often required to stand for long periods of time, with frequent periods of walking; ability to climb and descend flights of stairs; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard equipment; reach with hands and arms; use vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and exert up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally or a up to 20 lbs. of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
Employees will spend most of their shift on foot patrolling the facility grounds. Work conditions may include moderate to loud noise levels which may require hearing protection. Employee must be comfortable dealing with frequent distractions, high pedestrian activity, and capable of prioritizing multiple tasks. Position involves working in indoor and outdoor settings, including in confined spaces. Employee will work in controlled temperature settings, hot or cold temperatures, or in inclement weather. Employee will be subject to air and noise pollutants, chemicals, mechanical and electrical hazards, vehicle contaminants, and hazardous physical substances and fumes.
- All MTD employees are trained on the Management System Policy and the impacts associated with this position.
- The employee will be subject to a pre-employment background check, physical, and drug and alcohol testing. The employee is required to comply with MTD’s Drug & Alcohol Policy.
- This job description is subject to change as needs of the District, and the tools we use, evolve over time.
Beginning Wage: $15.21/hour, as of July 1, 2021
Top Wage: $19.01/hour, as of July 1, 2021
Closing date: June 21, 2021 at 5:00p (CST)
To apply: Select "Apply Now" below
As with all MTD positions, candidates for this position must pass a drug test. The MTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply for position at Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District, 1101 East University Avenue in Urbana. For more information, contact Sasha at 217.384.8188.