Information Assistants have strong interpersonal skills and are conscientious, friendly, patient, polite, and positively affirm everyone they encounter. This position answers incoming telephone calls and receives visitors, determines the nature of the call or visit, and routes individuals to appropriate staff or provides information.
High School Degree or GED Certificate; business or office management experience desired
- Maintain confidence of customers, staff, and others by providing accurate information including routes and schedules, utilizing related tools like MTD’s Trip Planner and Bus Stop Lookup, as well as general information about MTD’s services and operations
- Interact courteously with the public in normal and conflict situations
- Operate as a liaison between the customer (internal and external) and Office Supervisors, Control Center Radio Operators, Operations Staff, and Street Supervisors on duty to ensure accurate information is dispensed and nonconforming situations are communicated
- Supports the administration and execution of ADA Paratransit Service, Half Fare Cab, and DASH Card programs
- Supports the Bus and Specialized Services Operators with the intake and distribution of employee uniforms, change funds, and manifests
- Receives and distributes mail, assists employees with sign-ups, and distributes internal communications
- Support special projects distributed from office staff
Work shifts vary from day to night, as needed. MTD operates seven days a week, including weekends and holidays, and this position may require some work outside of traditional business hours.
As with all MTD positions, candidates for this position must pass a drug test. The MTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply for position at Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District, 1101 East University Avenue in Urbana. No phone inquiries please.