Illinois Terminal is searching for Maintenance II candidates. Are you a custodial professional who loves people? Help us uphold Illinois Terminal's high standards for our passengers, customers, and community members.
High School Diploma or possession of a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is required.
2-4 years of custodial and or maintenance experience preferred.
- Complete all custodial and maintenance tasks (i.e. mopping, sweeping, windows) in a safe and timely manner.
- Familiar with the Terminal's HVAC systems and components.
- Provide customer service to patrons when needed.
- Provide seasonal landscaping maintenance and snow removal.
- Service and repair equipment when needed.
- Monitors cleaning supplies.
- Must understand and implement Illinois Terminal’s various emergency procedures.
This individual is required to possess a general knowledge of building custodial care. He or she must be able to operate and service cleaning equipment present at Illinois Terminal. They must perform all assigned tasks with the highest degree of professionalism upholding the high standards of cleanliness patrons of Illinois Terminal have come to expect.
Work shifts vary from day to night, as needed. MTD operates seven days a week, including weekends and holidays, and this position may require some work outside of traditional business hours.
As with all MTD positions, candidates for this position must pass a drug test. The MTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply for position at Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District, 1101 East University Avenue in Urbana. No phone inquiries please.