Illinois Terminal is searching for Maintenance candidates.
Illinois Terminal Maintenance employees are responsible for the monitoring, upkeep, and repair of facility emergency systems, HVAC systems, basic facility components, exterior grounds, and equipment.
A high school degree or equivalent is required.
Experience working in a maintenance or custodial work setting is preferred.
Must hold a valid State of Illinois Driver’s License.
- Service and repairs building HVAC systems and components
- Assists Facilities Director with repairs by using the work order menu in Fleetnet Asset Management
- Monitors life cycles of building components and systems and assists the Illinois Terminal Director in establishing a schedule of replacement
- Completes building repairs such as minor electrical work, painting, drywall, lavatory repairs and drinking fountains
- Familiar with the operation of fire and security equipment
- Can conduct minor repairs of the ATMs, and other office equipment
- Maintains cleaning and seasonal equipment using the work order menu in Fleetnet Asset Management to document inspections, service, and repairs
- Provides seasonal landscaping maintenance to include snow removal
- Confers with the Maintenance Department to use the resources and tools available to assist with repairs and service
- Supports the Security Department as needed
The list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Work shifts vary from day to night, as needed. MTD operates seven days a week, including weekends and holidays, and this position may require some work outside of traditional business hours.
Employee must be able to use a variety of equipment and tools for up to 8 hours per day, up to 5 days per week. Physical requirements include stooping, kneeling, bending, standing, squatting/crouching, crawling/kneeling, pushing/pulling, climbing and descending ladders and stairs, reaching above shoulders, and lifting and transporting heavy objects such as equipment, tools, and parts. Position requires long periods of standing and frequent walking; ability to talk and hear; use vision to read printed materials, computer screen, and to use equipment and tools properly; arm, hand, and finger dexterity to operate tools and equipment and to access information.
This is considered a medium work position, and employee must exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force to constantly move objects. Employee must possess the ability to move heavier weights as needed with assistance and/or the proper equipment.
Employees will spend most of their shift on foot patrolling the facility grounds. Work conditions may include loud noise levels which may require hearing protection and high pedestrian activity. Employee must be comfortable dealing with frequent distractions and capable of prioritizing multiple tasks. Position involves working in indoor and outdoor settings, including in confined spaces. Noise levels are moderate to loud and may require hearing protection. Employee will work in controlled temperature settings, hot or cold temperatures, or in inclement weather. Employee will be subject to air and noise pollutants, chemicals, mechanical and electrical hazards, vehicle contaminants, and hazardous physical substances and fumes.
The employee will be subject to a pre-employment background check, physical, and drug and alcohol testing. The employee is required to comply with MTD’s Drug & Alcohol Policy.
All MTD employees are trained on the Management System Policy and the impacts associated with this position.
Starting wage: $12.72/hour
To apply: Select "Apply Now" below
As with all MTD positions, candidates for this position must pass a drug test. The MTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply for position at Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District, 1101 East University Avenue in Urbana. No phone inquiries please.