MTD is seeking qualified applicants for a Night Office Supervisor. The Night Office Supervisor performs a variety of routine and complex clerical and administrative work to oversee the Customer Service Office at MTD’s Administration and Operations Facility. This includes answering incoming calls, maintaining records, office procedures, and administrative support. This position also assigns work and supervises the Information Assistants on evenings and weekends. This is a salaried position with an excellent benefit package which includes health insurance and a retirement plan.
High school diploma or equivalent is required. An associate or bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of two years of progressively responsible work experience, preferably in customer service, administrative support, or related work setting is required.
- Prior experience in supervising and/or training employees is preferred.
- Must hold a valid State of Illinois Driver’s License.
- Supports ADA Paratransit Service in the areas of assessing passenger applications, taking reservations, scheduling, creating blocks, reconciling manifests, phone and mail correspondence, and responding to issues with ADA operators, vehicles, and customers
- Supports administration of Half Fare Cab and DASH Card programs by phone and mail correspondence, filing records, and providing general support and education in coordination with the Special Services Manager
- Serves customers and visitors by telephone or in person; answers or directs inquiries; maintains confidence of customers, staff, and employees by keeping sensitive information confidential
- Acts as custodian of departmental documents and records including accurate financial records for ADA and Half Fare Cab, establishes and maintains filing systems, and indexes various records
- Manages employee uniform ordering process. Maintains appropriate inventory, processes and fulfills orders, and reorders regularly used items
- Receives, stamps, and distributes incoming mail and processes outgoing mail including packages, mass mailings, and internal materials like committee meetings
- Collaborates with the Day Office Supervisor on the execution and management of all the above tasks when work hours overlap
- Completes additional work duties assigned only to the Night Office Supervisor assigned by the Customer Service Director that includes data entry and any additional documentation to support customer service communications and functions.
The list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Work shifts vary from day to night, as needed. MTD operates seven days a week, including weekends and holidays, and this position may require some work outside of traditional business hours.
The exertion level required for this position is generally considered light work. Physical requirements include stooping, bending, standing, squatting/crouching, pushing/pulling, and reaching above shoulders. While performing the duties of this job, employees are often required to sit, with regular periods of walking and standing; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; use vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally or a up to 10 lbs. of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
The work environment involves exposure to conditions generally found in an office setting within a shared workspace. The noise level is quiet to moderate. There are frequent interruptions to this position’s workflow with heavy foot traffic. There is an expectation to hold and attend meetings on a regular basis.
- All MTD employees are trained on the Management System Policy and the impacts associated with this position.
- Applicant must pass a pre-employment background check, physical, and drug and alcohol testing. The employee is required to comply with MTD’s Drug & Alcohol Policy.
- This job description is subject to change as needs of the District, and the tools we use, evolve over time.
STARTING SALARY: $44,000 - $48,500
CLOSING DATE: July 5, 2022 at 9:00PM (CST)
TO APPLY: Select "Apply Now" below to fill out the application, and attach a cover letter and resume.
As with all MTD positions, candidates for this position must pass a drug test. The MTD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply for position at Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District, 1101 East University Avenue in Urbana. For more information, contact Sasha at 217.384.8188.