Fall Break Service Reductions Begin November 19 | No Thanksgiving Service
MTD reduces service during all University of Illinois Breaks, including Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer. To coincide with the University of Illinois’ Fall Break occurring November 19 - 26, MTD is reducing scheduled service effective Saturday, November 19. MTD service will continue throughout Friday evening. There will be No Service on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 24.
November 19 through November 26, SafeRides will operate from 5:00PM until 12:30AM, with final reservations taken until 12:00AM.
Fixed Route Reductions
- 1 Yellow Hopper: Will not operate
- 2 Red: Trips with the L and U footnotes do not operate
- 12 Teal: Operating the Non-UI Weekday schedule; 20-minute frequencies
- 13 Silver: Operating the Non-UI Weekday schedule; 20-minute frequencies
- 22/220 Illini Limited: 20-minute frequencies and abbreviated routing during all day types
- 130 Silver Limited Evening: Abbreviated routing during Weekday Evenings and throughout the Weekend at 20-minute frequencies
- Late Night: No Late Night (after midnight) service on the 50 Green, 100 Yellow, 120 Teal, 130 Silver Limited, and 220 Illini Limited
- Sunday Service: No Sunday Evening or Late Night service. This affects the 50 Green, 100 Yellow, 120 Teal, 130 Silver Limited, and 220 Illini Limited.
Make sure you create an account at mtd.org to receive customized service reminders and alerts. You can also give us a call at 217.384.8188 any time our busses are running if you have questions.