Holiday Service Reductions & Closures
MTD would like to remind all of our passengers that services are reduced during University of Illinois breaks, including Fall break over Thanksgiving week (Nov 23 - Nov 30, 2019) and Winter Break over holidays (December 21, 2019 through January 18, 2020). We will also be closed without service on the following upcoming holidays: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day with no evening service on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. Please plan accordingly for these service changes. Thank you for your patience and have a safe and happy holiday season!
Service reductions during University of Illinois Breaks will include:
- 2 Red Express trips, designated with L and U footnotes, do not operate.
- 12 Teal “U” trips do not operate. The route operates at 20-minute frequencies.
- 13 Silver “U” trips do not operate. The route operates at 20-minute frequencies.
- 130 Silver Limited operates abbreviated routing during the evening and weekend at 20-minute frequencies.
- 22/220 Illini Limited operates abbreviated routing during all day types at 30-minute frequencies.
- No Late Night service on the 50 Green, 100 Yellow, 120 Teal, 130 Silver, and 220 Illini.
- No Sunday Evening & Late Night service.
- SafeRides operates with only one van and only until midnight during breaks. SafeRides does not operate at all during Summer Sessions.
SERVICE REDUCTION SCHEDULE
FALL BREAK: November 23, 2019 through November 30, 2019
WINTER BREAK: December 21, 2019 through January 18, 2020
SPRING BREAK: March 14, 2020 through March 21, 2020
SUMMER: May 16, 2020 through August 20, 2020
MTD services do not operate on these holidays:
• Labor Day September 2, 2019
• Thanksgiving November 28, 2019
• Christmas December 25, 2019
• New Year’s Day January 1, 2020
• Easter April 12, 2020
• Memorial Day May 25, 2020
• Independence Day July 4, 2020
No evening service is provided on:
• Christmas Eve December 24, 2019
• New Year’s Eve December 31, 2019